November 2, 2013 by Lauren
This is going to have to be another creative week. Nothing’s awfully priced, but in general there aren’t many crazy deals. Luckily I’ve got plenty in the freezer. Sprouts has chicken (thighs and breasts) for $2.99 a pound if needed.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – $1.99/lb
- Filippo Berio Olive Oil – BOGO
- Ken’s Salad Dressing – BOGO
- Milk – $1.99/gallon
- Orbit Gum – Buy 2 get 1 free
- Sobe Lifewater – BOGO
- Cheez Its – 2/$6
- Gala Apples – $.88/lb
- Strip Steak – BOGO (worth it if it ends up being less than $5.50/lb)
- Whole pineapple – 10/$10
- Pork Shoulder – $1.49/lb
- Milk – $1.99/lb
- Kroger Turkey – $.59/lb (ok deal)
- Mini Carrots – 10/$10
- Amy’s Entrees – 20% off (great natural frozen burritos, etc)
- Barilla Pasta – 10/$10
- Kroger sour cream, dip or cream cheese – 10/$10
- Blackberries – $.88
- Garnet or Jewel Yams – $.98/lb
- Ground beef, turkey, chicken – 40% off
My Meal Plan:
- Blackberry Jam – Ok, it’s not dinner. But with blackberries that cheap? I’ll make some whole fruit jam and can it. Yum!
- Taco Bowls – That pork shoulder will make perfect shredded pork. It’ll help me with my rice glut, too (I bought a bag that was way too big for my container. Which reminds me, I always pair taco bowls with Maria Alba’s Authentic Mexican Rice (I really have to trademark this for her).
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin – I have some of these in the freezer. Super healthy and flavorful. Plus it’s getting pretty cold so I better make use of the grill while I’m still able to walk out to it without shoes on.