October 24, 2013 by Lauren
Not sure if this is indicative — but there really are no sales this week. Though, you could buy your turkey and start thawing it now. That’s kind of a joke, but seriously, remember that in the fridge a frozen turkey takes like a week to thaw.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Pepsi – Buy 2 Get 2 Free
- Fuji/Gala Apples – $.99/lb
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs – $1.99/lb
- Kroger Turkey – $.59/lb
- Barilla Pasta – 10/$10
- Pacific Foods Broth – 2/$5 (best boxed broth)
- Raw Almonds – $4.99/lb
- Haas Avocados – $.48 each
- Blackberries – 2/$3
- Acorn, Butternut, or Spaghetti Squash $.88/lb
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – $1.99/lb
- Pork Sausage (uncased) – $1.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Butternut Squash Soup – So I did this last week, but I added ginger, apples and curry. Oh wow! It was quintessential fall. I can die happy now.
- Blackberry Jam – Ok, it’s not dinner. But with blackberries that cheap? I’ll make some whole fruit jam and can it. Yum!
- Spaghetti Squash Bolognese – Have you ever used spaghetti squash? It’s magic. And so good for you. I make a pretty simple bolognese (or I dress up some jarred tomato sauce, let’s get honest here) and put it over shredded squash (that I roasted in the oven). Super easy and delish.