September 11, 2013 by Lauren
Kings is still having their mix and match, so it might be worth an aisle walk to see what’s to be had! There are always tons of things that aren’t in the ad when that happens.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Thomas’ English Muffins – BOGO
- Jennie – O Ground Turkey – $3.99/lb (good deal)
- Campbell’s Condensed Soup – 10/$10
- 12 pack 7-up or Dr. Pepper – 2/$5 (great deal)
- Boneless center cut pork chops – BOGO (good if less than $2.99/lb)
- Raspberries – 2/$3
- Nabisco crackers* – $1.49 (best deal)
- General Mills Cereal* – $1.49
- Boulder Chips* – $.99
- Cheez Its* – $1.99
- 18 ct eggs* – $1.77
- Philadelphia 8 oz* – $.99
- Skippy Peanut Butter* – $1.99
- Classico Pasta Sauce* – $1.88
- Pomegranates – 2/$4
- Cauliflower or Green Beans – $.99/lb
- Goldfish (big box)* – $6.99
- All of the items with stars* are part of the buy 5, get $5 (you can mix and match)
- Roasted almonds – $4.99/lb
- Red or green bell peppers – 3/$1
- Broccoli or cauliflower – $.88/lb
- Strawberries, blackberries or raspberries – 2/$5
- Pork sirloin chops – $1.79/lb
- Chicken breast tenders – $2.49/lb
- Whole, split, or cut up chicken – $1.59/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Beef Stew – I loved that slow cooker shredded pork so much it made me want to do more in the crock pot. Using a mashed bread and milk mixture I’ll keep the ground beef super tender.
- Chicken thighs and yogurt curry — I’m obsessed with this recipe. I also have it DOWN so now I just need better pictures (you guys deserve pretty food).
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin — We have a couple of thee guys left in the freezer and we’ll take care of that.
I’m out of town this week and this weekend so I won’t be cooking a ton, but these meals are simple and satisfying. After all, that’s all we’re asking for right?