August 29, 2013 by Lauren
It’s a pretty good sale week for the big stuff. The turkey breast tenders make me super curious, I’ve never seen them (they’re just turkey breast cut into strips).
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce – BOGO
- French’s Mustard – BOGO
- Cheerios – $1.99
- Girard’s Salad Dressing – BOGO
- Heinz ketchup/mayo – BOGO
- Jennie-O Ground Turkey – $3.99/lb
- Lawry’s Marinade – BOGO
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire – BOGO
- Nabisco Crackers – $1.99
- Safeway brand storage bags – BOGO
- Sweet Corn – 5/$1
- Coke products (12 pack) – Buy 2 get 2
- Ben & Jerry’s – $2.99/pint (!)
- Buy $75, get $10 (for next time)
- Whole chicken, drumsticks, or thighs – $.99/lb
- Sweet corn – 4/$1
- Cherry tomatoes – BOGO
- Whole Seedless Watermelon – $.18/lb
- Red or Green Grapes – $.98/lb
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – $2.49/lb
- Fresh, Boneless Tilapia – $3.99/lb
- Chicken Thighs or Pollo Asado – $2.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Pot Roast — We have several of these in the freezer that need to find a purpose. I’ll also be accepting suggestions for new ways to cook chuck roast.
- Yogurt Curry Chicken Thighs — We’re addicted to this dish. I took pictures and just need to put the post together. It’s spicy, savory and full of deliciousness.
- Tilapia — You really don’t see this as fresh very often. It’s a very mild, very flaky, white fish. It does well when covered in a little flour and pan fried. It needs some extra flavor (salsa, sauce, etc).
Being out of town is being hard getting these posts out. I promise to get more regular at it!