July 26, 2013 by Lauren
It’s a pretty good sale week for the big stuff. The turkey breast tenders make me super curious, I’ve never seen them (they’re just turkey breast cut into strips).
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Colorado Sweet Corn – 3/$1
- Bar S Hot Dogs – $.99 each
- Bumble Bee Tuna – $.99 each
- Plums (red or black) – $.99/lb
- Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks – $.99/lb
- Bone In Chicken Breast – $.99/lb
- Bertolli Olive Oil – BOGO
- 12-Pack Coca Cola – Buy 2 Get 2
- Olathe Sweet Corn – 5/$1
- Milk – $1.99/gallon
- Sweet Red Cherries – $1.99/lb (great deal)
- Dannon and Oikos Greek Yogurt – 10/$10
- King Sooper’s Buns (hamburger and hotdog) – 10/$10
- Blueberries – 4/$5 (1 dry pint)
- Green bell peppers or cucumbers – $.49 each
- Red, black or green grapes – 4 lbs/$5
- Broccoli or cauliflower – $.98/lb
- Red bell peppers – 3/$1
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – $1.99/lb
- Turkey Breast Tenders – $2.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Skillet Roasted Chicken Breasts — These guys are so easy. I feel like I get all the satisfaction out of a roast chicken but with less mess, smaller portion sizes, and that ridiculous thyme and lemon dressing. I’m in.
- Steak — I’ve spent a few weeks buying/preparing great steak (it’s a tough life, I know). I’m going to have two posts come out of it. One will be a guide to buying meat cuts, the other how to grill a steak.
- Corn, scallop and bacon linguine — I feel like pasta, but something lightish. I have a recipe with seared scallops, fresh corn and a little cream/bacon.
Surprisingly, we’re doing really well on the clean out of the freezer. I’ve still got that turkey, a couple whole chickens and a decent amount of pork chops/hams (I have a ham problem).