July 18, 2013 by Lauren
Oh man, those drumsticks are so cheap at Sprouts that I’m tempted to seriously stock up. Also notice this is the first time pasta sauce has been on sale in a while. Plus Ben and Jerry’s is like half off. Seriously.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Milk – $1.99/gallon
- Ben & Jerry’s – $2.99 (amazing deal)
- Bertoli or Classico Pasta Sauce – BOGO
- Frigo or Kraft String Cheese – BOGO
- Kraft Shredded Cheese – BOGO
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese – BOGO
- Thomas’ Bagels – BOGO
- Whole boneless pork loin – $1.99/lb (great deal)
- Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs – $1.99/lb
- Barilla Pasta – 5/$5
- Ken’s Salad Dressing – BOGO
- Safeway Brand Bread – $1.49
- Bell Peppers (all colors) and english cucumbers – 10/$10
- Sweet Red Cherries – $2.99/lb
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash – $.99/lb
- Lara Bar 10/$10
- Red Sweet Cherries – $1.98/lb
- Red Bell Peppers – 3/$1
- Large Haas Avocados – $.98 each
- Peaches, nectarines, or plums – $.88/lb
- Cauliflower or Broccoli – $.98/lb
- Chicken Drumsticks – $.99/lb (ridiculous deal)
My Meal Plan:
- Curry Yogurt Chicken Thighs — I found a fun recipe that I want to try and I have a lot of boneless thighs hanging around.
- Roast Turkey and Turkey with Wild Rice Soup — I know this sounds a little crazy, but I have a huge turkey in my freezer that I bought post thanksgiving and I want to roast it and then do a turkey and wild rice soup for the freezer/quick lunches. I love soup.
- Pot Roast — can you tell I think it’s winter? It’s July and I’m making pot roast. I’ll fuss with this one in the crock pot, though. It’s not quite the same but it’s better than having the oven on all day.
Cleaning out the freezer has gone well so far. I’m sure it will be much harder once I’m down to only a bajillion pork chops or something. Or just kielbasa. But that can’t really be a problem, can it?