July 10, 2013 by Lauren
This is one of those weeks where I’m glad I have a large chest freezer. There are a few things on sale but not a ton. It shows those cyclical natures of sales. After big holidays/sales (4th of July) they tend to not have much on sale.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – $1.99/lb
- Safeway brand breads – $1.49
- Whole boneless pork loin – $2.99/lb
- Star Olive Oil – BOGO
- Large Hass Avocados – 10/$10
- Milk – $1.99/gallon
- Dozen Eggs – 10/$10 (whoa!)
- Yellow/Zucchini Squash – $.99/lb
- Luna Bars – 10/$10
- Blueberries – $1.49/pint
- Green Bell Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, or Cucumbers – $.48 each
- Hass Avocados – $.88 each
- Wild Sockeye Salmon – $9.99/lb (great for wild caught)
- Lara Bar 4/$5
- Red Bell Peppers 3/$1
- Yellow/Zucchini Question – $.98/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Shredded Pork — I’ve been craving this like crazy. It’s a simple, all day crockpot meal and re-freezes perfectly. I did it with tacos last time, but some pulled pork sandwiches sound amazing.
- London Broil — Like I said, I have 7 of these. They’re great when marinaded and then I keep the leftover cut steak for salads.
Posts coming your way, I promise! I’m also on a mission. I realized my chest freezer’s reserves are getting ridiculous so I’m going to stop buying meat (unless it’s a ridiculous deal, you know I can’t help myself). I think 7 london broils are enough for anyone.