June 27, 2013 by Lauren
So it’s clear to me that Safeway is having a BOGO special. All of these things are really good to stay in the pantry for a while, so stock up (I know I will). Also these are the weeks that I make a point to stop by Safeway, they have lots more that’ll be on sale and not in the circular.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is usually a national sale so check your own circular.
- A1 Steak Sauce – BOGO
- Bumblebee Tuna (all types, cans, packets) – 5/$5
- French’s Mustard – BOGO
- Girard’s Salad Dressing – BOGO
- Heinz Ketchup – BOGO
- Hidden Valley Ranch – BOGO
- Lawry’s Marinades – BOGO
- Worcestershire Sauce – BOGO
- Safeway Brand Hot Dog/Hamburger Buns – $.99
- Vlasic Pickes – BOGO
- Ball Park Franks – BOGO
- Nabisco Crackers (wheat thins/triscuits) – $1.78/box (lowest I’ve ever seen)
- Barilla Pasta – 5/$5
- Chicken drumsticks or thighs – $.98/lb
- King Soopers Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns – $.99
- Nabisco Crackers – $2
- Dole Salad Mix – BOGO
- California black plums, yellow peaches, or nectarines – $.49/lb
- Whole seedless watermelon – $.25/lb
- Larabar – 5/$5
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – $1.99/lb
- Sirloin Pork Chops (or roast) – $1.99/lb
- Chicken Sausage – $2.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Indian Chicken Thighs — I’m perfecting this recipe. They’re yogurt/curry marinated, then grilled and it’s going pretty well.
- Pork Tenderloin — I have some of these guys marinaded so I’ll either roast them off or stick them on the grill.
- Rotisserie Chicken — it’s simple and perfect on the grill. If you don’t have a rotisserie on your grill try a beer can. It’s great!
We’re finishing a juice fast so cooking will be minimal this week and rather light. But trust me, after 3 days without food I’ll be VERY interested in cooking. I just hope I remember to take pictures.