June 7, 2013 by Lauren
Looks like some of us are digging into our freezers this week. There are a few high notes (that 7-bone roast is a pretty good pot roast and the chicken thighs are beyond flexible). It’s cherry season so pick some up for a nice treat! And if you’ve never had Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese give it a go, it’s delicious.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is a national sale so check your own circular.
- Cheez-It – 2/$5 (best price all year)
- Chobani Greek Yogurt – 10/$10
- Beef Chuck 7 Bone Roast – $2.49/lb (good deal)
- Cherries – $2.99/lb
- Red Bell Peppers – 2/$1
- Center Cut Pork Loin Chops – $2.99/lb (good deal)
- Nabsico Crackers – 2/$4 (great deal)
- Thomas Bagels or Oroweat Bread – 2/$6
- Split Chicken Breast – $.99/lb (great deal)
- Tostitos Tortilla Chips – 2/$6
- Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese – 10/$10
- Organic Kale – $1.49/bunch
- Red Seedless Grapes – $.88/lb
- Cantaloupe – $.88 each
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, or Green Beans – $.88/lb
- “Roast” Sale – 50% off roasts
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – $1.99/lb
- Handmade Sausages – $2.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Shredded Pork — I picked this up late and haven’t had a chance to mess with it. I think I want to do an easy crock pot carnitas of sorts. It’s a super versatile cut that I’ll definitely do a blog post about.
- Curry-Yogurt Chicken Thighs — I’ve been curiously watching how frequently chicken thighs are used in slow cook Indian dishes and I want to give it a go. Maybe that means a yogurt marinade and grill? Who knows, I’m adventurous.
- Chicken Caesar Salad — it’s simple but delicious. Plus I can cook up some thighs in advance and have them ready.