May 29, 2013 by Lauren
Some ok deals this week, but nothing stand out. Usually when a supermarket takes losses on a week prior (Memorial Day sales are huge) it’ll compensate the next. Still, there’s some wise choices out there.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is a national sale so check your own circular.
- 93% Lean Ground Beef – $3.49/lb (good deal)
- Boneless Pork Shoulder – $1.99/lb (good deal)
- Dozen Lucerne Eggs – 4/$5
- Gallon Milk – $1.99/gallon
- Pepsi – Buy 2 get 2 free
- Sargento Cheese – Buy 2 get 1 free
- Bell Peppers – 10/$10
- Safeway Marinades – BOGO
- Red Seedless Grapes – $1.49/lb
- Cherries – $2.99/lb
- 93% Lean Ground Beef – $2.99/lb (great price)
- Milk – $1.99/gallon
- King Sooper’s Buns/Sour Cream – 10/$10
- Bratwurst – 2/$4 (great deal)
- Oroweat Bread – 2/$6
- Nabisco crackers – 2/$4
- Gatorade – $.88/32 oz
- Izze sparkling juice – 10/$10
- Post Cereal – BOGO
- Strawberries – 2/$4
- Blueberries – $.99
- Cherries – $2.88/lb
- Broccoli/Cauliflower – $.88/lb
- Red Bell Peppers – 3/$1
- Raw almonds and roasted cashews – $3.99/lb
- Chicken Drumsticks – $.99/lb
- Handmade Pork Sausages – $2.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Shredded Pork — if I can think of something interesting to do with this I’ll make a post about it. Pork shoulder cooks nice low and slow and you can do just about anything with shredded pork (tacos, sandwiches, etc). Crock pot to the rescue!
- Stuffed Peppers — I never did that a few weeks ago. With ground beef and peppers on sale I say we give it a go. The recipe I’ve been fussing with uses minute rice (simple!) and zucchini amongst other things. I’ll let you know.
- Burgers done right — we have leftover bacon, so I might do a bleu cheese wedge or class it up with some avocado or something.
The rest will probably be lame grilled brats (with caramelized onions, duh!) and burgers.