May 24, 2013 by Lauren
Memorial Day week has GREAT sales. It’s like Easter for turkey and ham. This is the time of year that I stock up on condiments and hot dogs. Condiments keep well and hot dogs freeze well. It’s also one of the great times for chips, meat and corn. So maybe stock up, and grab a few extra for the holiday!
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is a national sale so check your own circular.
- Ball Park, Oscar Meyer & Hebrew National Hot Dogs – BOGO
- Chicken drumsticks/thighs – $.99/lb (good deal)
- Lays Chips – BOGO
- NY Strip – $5.88/lb (great deal)
- Ribeye – $6.88/lb (great deal)
- Safeway Brand Hamburger/Hot Dog Buns – $.99 each
- Coke and Pepsi – 4/$10 (cheapest it gets)
- Whole Pork Tenderloin – $3.99/lb (good deal)
- Sara Lee Classic Breads – BOGO
- Claussen pickles – BOGO
- Kraft American Cheese – BOGO
- Tons of condiments – BOGO
- Lawry’s Marinades – BOGO
- Sweet Baby Ray’s – $.99/each
- Ribeye – $5.99/lb (great deal)
- Ground Chuck, 80% lean – $2.99/lb (great deal)
- Drumsticks, thighs and whole chickens – $.98/lb
- Ball Park Franks – 2/$3
- Bell Pepper – $1 each
- Hebrew National Hot Dogs – 2/$6
- King Soopers Hamburger and Hot Dog buns – 10/$10
- Sweet Baby Ray’s – 10/$10
- Gatorade – $.88/32 oz
- Kraft Dressing – 2/$4
- Nabisco Snack Crackers – 2/$4
- Yoplait yogurt – 20/$10
- Sweet Corn – 3/$1
- Nature Sweet Cherub Tomatoes – BOGO
- Roasted Almonds – $3.99/lb
- Sweet Corn – 6/$1
- California Cherries – $2.49/lb (great deal)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower – $.88/lb
- Turkish Apricots (dried) – $2.99/lb
- Pork or Chicken Sausage – $2.99/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Steak — maybe I’ll get a post on this done. It is grilling season officially. Plus, who doesn’t love a good steak?
- Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs — grilling these guys for char, then a quick time in the oven makes amazing chicken.
Ok, that’s all I got. This is going to be a lame weak of grilled lean proteins. Sue me.