May 8, 2013 by Lauren
We’ve been on a healthy eating kick (sorry about that, it’s making the blog real boring). My recipes might start to have a healthy feel to them (most of them aren’t that bad, but it turns out you can eat really healthy and tasty). For those of you making mother’s day feasts, it looks like the grocery stores think she wants lobster, steak or pasta. All good options.
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is a national sale so check your own circular.
- Classico Pasta Sauce – 2/$4 (AND you get a box of free Barilla pasta)
- Hormel Bacon – BOGO
- 4 oz Lobster Tail – $4.99
- NY Strip – $5.99 (great deal)
- Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs – $.99/lb (good deal)
- 90% and 95% lean ground beef – $3.49/$3.99 (great deal)
- XL Artichokes – 2/$5
- Barilla Pasta – $1/box
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix – 4/$5 (my favorite)
- Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes – 10/$10
- Raspberries or Blackberries – 2/$5
- Cauliflower – $1/lb
- Large artichokes 2/$3
- Mangos 10/$10
- Sweet Corn 5/$2 (it’s real early, not sure how sweet it’ll be!)
- Brussels Sprouts – $1.49/lb
- Mini Carrots – $10/10 (1lb bags)
- 4-5 oz Lobster Tails – $5.99 each
- Strawberries – $2.99 (2lb clamshells)
- Pepsi and Coke – 3/$11 (pretty good deal)
- Barilla Pasta – 10/$10
- Nabisco snack crackers – 2/$4 (lowest all year)
- Nature Made Vitamins – BOGO
- Santa Cruz Organic Lemonade – 2/$3 (great deal)
- 80% Lean Ground Chuck – $2.99/lb (best hamburger meat ever)
- 93% Lean Ground Beef – $2.99/lb (great deal, come in tubes, stock up!)
- King Soopers Brand Large Eggs – $.99/dozen
- Goldfish – $.99
- Strawberries 4/$5 (1lb clamshells) — holy crap what a deal, I might have to make jam!
- Broccoli/Cauliflower – $.99/lb
- 4.5 oz Lobster Tails – $5.99/each
- Extra Large Jumbo Shrimp – $6.99/lb (great deal)
- Pork AND chicken sausage – $2.99/lb
- Pork Loin Roast – $2.99/lb (great deal)
My Meal Plan:
- Chicken Sausage (and brussel sprouts) — my “recipe” for chicken sausage is to stick it in a pan and cook it (I put a little water in and cover it for a few minutes) so maybe I’ll do a post on brussels sprouts. They’re the BEST.
- Turkey Burgers — Ground turkey was on sale a while back and I’m going to thaw some of that. Turkey can be bland so I’ll make sure to add seasoning, worcestershire sauce, and red onions that I’ll cut up real small. Then we’ll grill them hot and fast to keep them juicy.
- Shrimp Scampi — I really want to do pasta but I don’t think I can fit that into the healthy eating lifestyle. But if you want it, I have the BEST recipe (that I stole from here).
I’m excited to get some great posts up on here. I’ll have some more time and it’s staying light later so I can more easily take pictures. And test out the fancy new flash I got. Yay!