March 28, 2013 by Lauren
Easter deals! Don’t forget if you can’t get enough of those chocolate mini eggs (you know what I’m talking about) they go on sale after easter and won’t be back until next year ( oh the horror).
*note: these deals are for Denver and Northern Colorado in general. Besides meat and dairy, most everything else is a national sale so check your own circular.
- 12 pack pepsi products – 4/$11
- Coke – 4/$12
- Boneless Whole Pork Loin – $2.49/lb (great deal)
- Hormel Black Label Bacon – BOGO
- Lay’s Potato Chips – BOGO
- New York Strip Roast – $5.99/lb (this is ridiculous, you can cut your own steaks for below costco prices)
- Boneless Whole Pork Tenderloin – $3.99/lb (ok deal)
- Barilla Pasta – 5/$5
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix – 4/$5
- Betty Crocker Potatoes Au Gratin, etc – $.99/box
- Campbell’s Condensed Soups – 10/$10
- Wishbone Salad Dressing – Buy 1 Get 2 Free
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – $1.99/lb (great deal)
- Asparagus – $1.69/lb
- Pepsi – 4/$10 (as cheap as it gets)
- Lay’s Potato Chips – 2/$4
- Whole Turkey – $.79/lb (good deal)
- Bunch greens (Kale, Chard, etc) – 10/$10
- Organic Fuji Apples – $.99/lb
- Still doing the buy 5 save $5 thing, tons on that list
- Spiral sliced ham – $1.99/lb
- Strawberries – 2lb/$3 (amazing deal)
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Yams, Avocados – $.99/lb
- Raw Almonds – $3.99/lb (great deal)
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – $1.99/lb (great deal)
My Meal Plan:
- Ham — crockpot ham, even, because it’s a bajillion times easier and tastier than in the oven.
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs — I’ll have to make this one more exciting. Maybe grill them and do them over some jasmine rice with scallions and veggies.
I’m away from home this week so we won’t be cooking much. Here’s my tip for all of you around for the holiday weekend: go to the grocery store after Sunday. On Monday (and the week after) they will have all those hams, turkeys, candies and other easter stuff on sale. Turkey and ham do VERY well in the freezer and tend to be ridiculously expensive out of season. You can even cook your turkey and freeze all the meat, make stock (freeze that too) and save it all for later without eating a bit (good luck).