October 26, 2012 by Lauren
The Fort Collins Sunflower is officially a Sprouts now, so I’ll combine those two sales from now on.
As always these are sales for the Northern Colorado area. Lots of stores run national sales though, so except for meat and milk everything else usually sticks. If you’re curious about your store simply click below on the store name and enter your zip code for your own circular.
- Granny Smith Apple’s – $10/10 lbs
- Chicken drumsticks/thighs – $.99/lb (good deal)
- Whole chicken – $.99/lb
- Pork Tenderloin – $3.99/lb (ok deal)
- Starkist Tuna Pouch – BOGO
- Barilla Pasta – 10/$10
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce – 10/$10
- Oikos Greek Yogurt – 10/$10
- Split chicken breasts, thighs or drumsticks – $.99/lb (good deal)
- Duncan Hines Cake Mix – 10/$10
- JIF Peanut Butter – $2.99/14 oz (pretty good deal)
- Avocado’s – 3/$1
- Cauliflower – $.88/each
- Squash – $.88/lb
My Meal Plan:
- Pot Roast — it got chilly fast. We still haven’t officially turned on the furnace so I’ll do one of these guys to keep the house warm.
- Roast Chicken — I’m going to do a blog post on this. I have a recipe that mimics a whole roast chicken (also a good house warmer), but with more brown flavor and much quicker (stove top). It comes with this amazing lemon/olive oil drizzle that just kicks it all up a notch.
- Butternut Squash Yellow Curry Soup — a blend of onions, garlic and butternut squash sauteed up and simmered in chicken stock lend this squash some serious flavor. I kick it up a notch with a little cayenne and some yellow curry. Tummy warming, but great on the waistline.
In general, things this week are pretty lame in the sale category. On the weeks where I don’t feel inspired or there’s not much on sale I raid my freezer. That’s when I pull out the roasts, the frozen chops, etc. Then I mix in a recipe I’ve been wanting to try (or a splurge — monies or calories) to keep me interested. In other words, I feel like one of these nights might have to be a pasta with a cream sauce.